Epic and the Elegy: 18th-century Literature (Spring 2011)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Margaret Cavendish, Assaulted and Pursued Chastity
- Cottegnies, Line and Nancy Weitz, eds. Authorial Conquests: Essays on Genre in the Writings of Margaret Cavendish. Madison: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 2003.
- Gallagher, Catherine. "Embracing the Absolute: The Politics of the Female Subject in Seventeenth Century England." Genders 1.6 (March 1988): 24-39.
- Iyengar, Sujata. "Royalist, Romancist, Racialist: Rank, Gender, and Race in the Science and Fiction of Margaret Cavendish." ELH 69.3 (Fall 2002): 649-672.
- Kelly, Kathleen Coyne and Marina Leslie, eds. Menacing Virgins: Representing Virginity in the Middle Ages and Renaissance. Newark: University of Delaware Press, 1999.
- Lawrence, Karen R. Penelope Voyages: Women and Travel in the British Literary Tradition. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1994. 28-73.
- Rees, Emma L. E. Margaret Cavendish: Gender, Genre, Exile. New York: Manchester University Press, 2003.